Pictured are two beautiful motor bikes are side by side. A $10,000+ Ducati Monster motorcycle, and a $10,000+ e-bike named the Dogati, a soon to be released high end e-bike. As you can see in the picture the Dogati e-bike was inspired by the Ducati motorcycle. The Dogati utilizes a mid drive system with a 3220 astro flight rc motor which will propel the bike to speeds of over 50mph. The Dogati electric bike is currently in production for a limited release later this year. Click here for an article regarding the Dogati super e-bike.
There are several exciting e-bikes on the market like the Dogati costing over 10k which make very practical commuters and represent the best electric bikes ever made. Inevitably, when you broach the subject of a $10,000 e-bike, many people will argue for that money you could buy a descent motorcycle. A motorcycle has its advantages, but is a completely different animal than an electric bike. To weigh which is better is highly individual determined. The following lists are designed to help you determine whether you should spend your 10k on a motorcycle or an electric bike.
10 Reasons why a 10k e-bike is better than a motorcycle
1. Not everyone has been on top of a 10k e-bike, much less owned one.
2. e-bikes are quiet
3. an e-bike costs peanuts to charge, the equivalent of 1,600 mpg in fact
4. You can park an e-bike anywhere you can park a bicycle, and can be parked inside or in parking garage bike racks without payng for parking.
5. Ebikes are good for physical fitness. Ebikers statistically get out and ride more and ride farther than regular bike riders.
6. Ebikes are lightweight and agile…a fraction of the weight of a motorcycle.
7. e-bikes do not require registration or insurance
8. e-bikes do not require turn signals, horns, or other unsightly annoyances…but are still infinitley safer than a motorcycle.
9. Ebikes can easily be mounted on the back of a car via bike rack, and therefore can easily be transported to cool recreation points.
10. You can ride an e-bike legally on bike trails and bike lanes
When writing this story I tried to craft 10 advantages of a motorcycle over an e-bike since I have riddern a motorcycle for most of my life. Amazingly in my mind, the advantages for a high in e-bike outweigh riding a motorcyle. But I live in a city ideal for an electric bike. San Francisco and I rarely need to go over 10 miles on my missions.
10 ways a motorcycle is better than an e-bike
- Unlimited range
- Much faster than an e-bike
- quicker than an e-bike
- better suspension than an e-bike
- with a motorcycle you get more for the money
- you can ride a passenger on the back of a motorcyle
- motorcycles have the “cool” factor going for them.
- Motorcycles are harder to steal because they are heavier and traceable
- Motorcycles “fit in” traffic better
- with their loud noise and loud noise, motorycles are more visible to cars than e-bikes
10 reasons a 100lb e-bike can cost as much as a 400lb motorcycle
- Good lithium batteries with descent range are expensive
- small production runs are expensive
- lightweight bicycle components are expensive
- the latest technologies cost
- most $10,000 electric bikes are not made in china
- Liability insurance, e-bike manufacturers have to pay up to $500 a bike for liability insurance.
- e-bikes are made to be extrmeely light weight…expensive
- motorcycles are made in huge numbers by giant companies, e-bikes are made in small numbers mostly by small manufacturers.
- high tech e-bikes are just coming to fruition…when you buy an e-bike you are buying an innovation…expensive.
- Expensive e-bikes are made up of expensive high quality base materials compared to motorycles
10 electric bikes that cost over 10k.
- Optike 1100r and Optibike 850r
- stealth bomber
- Stealth Figher
- Blacktrail Bt-01
- ktm Egnition
- PI Cycle KR special edition
- Hanebrink Electric Bike
- HIgh Powe Cycles HPC FT Tornado (ebay e-bike)
Now let’s consider mid range options, because not many people in this economy want to spend over 10k for either a motorcycle or an e-bike.
mini e-bike vs mini motorcycle (scooter)
Cost of e-bike as photoed $2800
Cost of scooter as photoed $3500
Top speed of e-bike = 30mph
Top speed of scooter = 50 mph
10 things to consider e-bike vs scooter
- The price of registering and insuring scooter each year
- ‘the e-bike can ride anywhere
- the e-bike can be parked anywhere
- the e-bike is silent
- the e-bike is fun..like riding a bike
- the scooter is faster
- the scooter has unlimited range
- the scooter is more conventional image wise
- the scooter can be dented and dinged where as the e-bike cant
- the scooter is easy to sale, so sale it today and go out tomorrow and buy an e-bike and share with us the EV grin.